Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday Trip (Back from the Blogging Hiatus)

Hi guys, I'm back! After ten years! 

People were starting to ask me why I stopped posting. Truth is, I went on vacation, and then felt really lazy for the month following my vacation. (Dugong Mode)

But anyway, Dugong mode is off, and in fact, I finally got to organize some of the junk lying around at home (more on that later).

So, here are a few photos from our recent trip to the States.

East Coast: New Jersey and New York
West Coast: Santa Monica and San Diego 



Infront of our Ninang Grace's big beautiful house :) I found a place I could wear my camel-colored leather jacket!!! 

Mom, Darwin and myself on one of the quaint roads in Lambertville

a row of apartments in Lambertville, NJ

we saw many nice Delis and coffee shops, and shopped for some yummy Garlic Mustard and Horseradish

On the Westside

                                         

It was a nice cold morning, perfect for walking around

book shopping outside of Central Park


Darwin grabbed a red chair and put this in the middle of Times Square hahaha. 

Gary, Hannah and Evan at Ninang Grace's house in NJ. 

Gary's Russian but doesn't drink Vodka. 

My birthday Red Velvet Cupcakes were the best ever.
After brunch at M Street Kitchen in Santa Monica (this place was called La Grande Orange)








We went biking on this thing called a Street Strider. Think of it as a cross between a crosstrainer and bicycle! Fun and wow it gives you a real workout!!! 








For my birthday, we had lunch at 1 Pico, this yummy restaurant in the prettiest hotel in Santa Monica-- Shutters on the Beach. 


 






By evening, we drove to Gjelina for dinner with Darwin's cousins!

With Matt, who also celebrated his birthday! Happy birthday Matt!




The next day, watched the Lakers - Hornets Game 5, Darwin got us really good seats! :)

8 rows away from the players, not bad! :)

they didn't make it to the finals, but it's okay! Dallas deserved to win the title this year. :)





                                            
                                                      Lunch at George Modern in La Jolla








Peter Luger, our favorite steak place. :)

the brute and cozy ambiance makes the experience ten times better




eager beaver!
The first slice of steak is as good as the last bite you take!!! 




So there! fifty pounds and one big bibingka face later, I am blogging again. :)

9 comments:

  1. Love Peter Luger's
    Love Shutters + Santa Monica
    Love your blog!

    Ciao,
    ToT
    www.triportreats.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jean!! :) I'm still trying to get used to blogging-- hopefully i keep it up!!!

    Love YOUR blog!!! :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi ms. andrea ;) where to buy nice leggings i saw your leggings kasi, im pregnant and i guess its a must to but a nice one. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! :)

    Thanks for dropping by the blog.

    Anyway, I buy my leggings from Zara--I'm not sure if they still have the ones I have in stock, but always worth a look. Those are the sturdiest pair i own! BUT if you want GOOD elastic pants, I suggest you go check out the YOGA brands. They are very very sturdy, FLATTERING (super important!) and COMFORTABLE! :)

    The brands to definitely check out are LULU LEMON and T.

    Go online or run to Aura Athletica for these brands. If they seem too pricey, just think of it as an investment, and think how many times you'll wear them...and how GREAT your preggy silhouette will look! Trust me! :)


    Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also didn't mention that the Lulu Lemon ones also double as leggings for when mine are all in the laundry. :) So after you've given birth, you can use them for both exercise and errands! The best pair i've ever gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks ms. dre ;) meron ba yan dito sa manila? san ? thank u

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes meron! Go to Aura Athletica in Powerplant Mall :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ms Dre! I was wondering where did you get your seafoam or aqua colored sunglasses (wasn't sure about the color) and what brand it is. It looks really great on you! :) Nice blog site by the way :)

    ReplyDelete